12 inch Pot
Coals: 15 Top, 9 Bottom ~325ºF
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 cup Onion, chopped
2 cup Bell Pepper, chopped
1 cup Celery
2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
12oz Andouille Sausage, sliced thin
2 cup Yellow Saffron Rice
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Dried Oregano
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Dried Thyme
½ tsp Garlic Salt
2 Bay Leaves
4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1½ cups Water
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
28oz can Diced Tomatoes, undrained
1lb Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, celery, minced garlic, and sausage; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and the next 7 ingredients (through bay leaf); cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley.
Using both andouille sausage and juicy pink shrimp, jambalaya is like a spicy surf and turf. To save time, buy frozen peeled shrimp and thaw in the refrigerator or under cold, running water.